The first nucleus of the natural history museum of the Foundation mainly consisted of minerals and botanical specimens and was exhibited at Palazzo Mellerio (the remains of which are in the square next to the town hall) in 1875.
Nothing better than these words taken from Alessandro Malladra’s “The Simplon Tunnel” of 1905 exemplifies the grandeur of one of the greatest railway engineering feats ever accomplished.
The art gallery is dedicated to the paintings of the major representatives of the painting schools of Valle Vigezzo, active from the late 17th century until the early 20th century.
The archaeological section, formed starting from an initial numismatic donation in 1875, gathers evidence of civilizations from various geographical origins, ranging from the Neolithic period to the Roman era.
The collection of sacred art comprises several dozens of artifacts of various sizes and functions. On display are the processional banner, the processional cross, and the lantern.







